Abstract Submission Now Open!
Submission deadline: February 27, 2018
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
•All abstracts must be submitted in English.
•Abstracts may be submitted for poster presentation
•The following structure needs to be followed when submitting an abstract:
•Each author may submit a maximum of 5 abstracts.
• A maximum of 2 images and 2 tables are allowed to be submitted as part of each abstract.
•Abstracts containing previously presented data which has not been published are eligible for submission. However inclusion of updated data is encouraged.
•Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
•Once completing submission, a confirmation that the abstract has been submitted will be sent, indicating the abstract number which has been allocated. Please refer to the abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
•You can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline date. Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline.
•The first author or a co-author is expected to attend the Congress and present the abstract. Only abstracts of presenting authors, who have paid their registration fee by May 30, 2018 will be included in the program.
•All research presented must comply with international standards pertaining to animal welfare, ethics and data protection. Click here to review the WSAVA Animal Research Self- Assessment for Abstracts involving the use of Live Animals.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details
-Full postal address
-Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
-Authors' names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith)
-Affiliation details: department, institution, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
4. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
5. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please be sure that you do not include extra spaces and symbols as these are included in the word count. Word count is also affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using a word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended.
6. Abstracts should clearly state:
7. Abstract Topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the topic most suited to your abstract. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ABSTRACT TOPICS .
8. Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract. Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added.
9. DRAFT abstracts – There is no option to save the abstract as draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not submit your abstract, the information will be deleted. After you submit your abstract, you can still re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline of Tuesday March 1, 2016. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be asked to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct and in accordance to the abstract submission guidelines provided on the Congress website. I accept that the contents of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, final program book, WSAVA Academy etc.)
3. I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ('Content') provided to WSAVA 2016 and Kenes International (Hereafter: 'Organizers'). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
4. I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
5. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
6. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are correct, which will be used to notify me about the status of the abstract. I am responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Scientific Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the Abstract Submitter.